So yesterday I said I would write a little about my plans for 2017. These aren’t ‘resolutions’ in the traditional sense. I have no time for that. I make them unrealistic and can’t stick to them. This is stuff I want and plan to do. It’ll be fun to look back next Christmas and see how I’ve done. And what extra stuff has crept in!
Family and Friends
Top, top priority. See lots of them. Tell them I love them. Show them they’re appreciated. Remember birthdays and special occasions. Be there for them when times are hard. Be truthful.
- Get my knee and shoulder fixed. I want to be riding my bike by April/May
- Reduce my blood pressure (last reading was 153/92 – and I’m on medication! The one before that was 173/110!)
- Lose weight – at least 3 dress sizes
- Improve my diet – less sugar and fats, more fresh vegetables, salad and fruit. Take packed lunches to work. Reduce portion sizes
- Reduce my cholesterol – December 2016 – 5.3
- Improve my core strength. Thank you to Mick, Jane and Ju who gave me some suggestions and which I’ve already started. I’ll be tracking and sharing that through the year
- Ride 1500 miles on my bike. May revise this if it’s looking like an easy achieve
- Practice hills so I’m not scared of them
- Cycle 100 miles in one day. This is a carry over sweat pledge from Kajsa Tylén’s Year in the Saddle. I failed due to injury in the date range. Doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten it. I’ll be logging this at sweatpledge.com as soon as it’s up and running
- Easy. Save more. LEJOG will be expensive however I tackle it!
Step out of my comfort zone – Camping!
I have a horror of this. Where is the en suite bathroom? How do you get room service? Where do you plug your hairdryer in?
I’m going to challenge this by getting a tent and currently plan to camp at Pedal Norfolk and have booked a cycling/camping holiday! I’m taking my credit card…
This is what scares me most about 2017 and I’m freaking out already…
Nottingham Girls Cycle / Breeze
- Continue to encourage women and girls to ride bikes
- Support them, believe in them, help them achieve
- Organise at least 20 Breeze bike rides
- Mentor others to pay it back
Cycling Events (so far, at least!)
- 4-5 March – Women and Bicycles, Broken Spoke, Oxford
- 11 March – secret (so far) event with the Adventure Syndicate)
- 7 May – FLAB Up North Sportive, 25 miles
- 27-30 May – Pedal Norfolk. 50 miles daily Sat-Mon plus the dreaded camping!
- 10-11 June- cycle to WFA get together in Leicestershire and camp!
- 25 June- Great Notts Bike Ride, 50 miles. Poss more?
- 12-21 August- WFA. Cycle touring in France! With camping! Approx 240 miles
- Keep this blog up to date
- Don’t be too hard on myself
- Sing loud and proud at choir
- Go to bed earlier
- Keep getting up when I fail
- Take no shit. From anyone!
I’m sorry that’s so lengthy but I have a lot in my head right now and I really think 2017 will be the most fun ever! And if all else fails, courtesy of CWRB this: